On October 1st, I spoke at Nexus about John 9 "Kingdom Vision: Are You Blind?" The main themes I hit on were faith, doubt, and being open to seeing God work. Being honest, after the talk I did not feel confident about how it went, in fact it was the worst I have ever felt after a talk. But that night and over the next week, many people came up to me and told me how it impacted them. It is a blessing to know that even if I don't feel great about something, that God is still working.
Here is a video of me speaking (it may take a few seconds to buffer...)
Here are a couple responses/stories from the night...
Lindsay (sophmore) - "I thought I was the only one who ever had doubts, when you asked people to stand up if they have ever had doubts or lacked faith, and everyone did, it made feel ok about being honest with my doubts. I felt as though I wasn't alone."
Another girl had a class assignment to go to a campus event that would make her feel uncomfortable. So she decided that she wanted to go to the Nexus meeting, because that would make her the most uncomfortable. At the end of my talk I gave a call to faith, and she didn't respond. But this is what she later said about it, "I really connected to what the speaker was saying and wanted to respond", but did not feel ready. Since that night she has been coming back to Nexus by choice (not just for assignment!).
God is at work in students lives at SSU, and I know that there are many more stories like this every week. Praise God for what he is doing.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God has anointed you Russell to bring the Good News of His love to students with an honesty and vulnerability of heart that mirrors that Jesus!! I love you and appreciate the encouraging testimonies of the Kingdom advancing on the campus.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you have been obediant to the call that God has put on your life. It is great to hear of your faithfulness to this ministry. How great it is that we don't have to be perfect in order for God to use us to share His word and His love with others. blessings, Kala
ReplyDelete