Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Invitational

In April we had a four day long outreach called the "Invitational." Each day had a different theme, such as, "Where is God when it hurts?" and "Is Jesus the only way to God?" It was an awesome outreach, God moved on campus, and many students shared their faith. Here are some numbers and stories from the outreach...


Numbers:
6 students who made a commitment to follow Jesus
300 Number of students who attended the evening talks
600 Number of students interacted with during the afternoon tabling
96 Number of hours students and staff prayed straight
8 Number of GIGs (Groups investigating God) started
70 Number of students trained in sharing the gospel on campus

Stories:
Aaron promised Evan (one of our bible study leaders) that he would come to one IVCF event before he graduated. Aaron grew up going to Catholic school but didn’t acknowledge God. After going to the evening talk for this day he said, “Now I know there is a God and trust that one day I will experience God, but I haven't quite yet. I want to experience God for myself before I say yes to following him.” Pray that Aaron would experience God soon!

Jamila had a lot on her plate as the Monday event came around. Not only is Jamila a freshman, but she helped to coordinate the entire outreach that day! While standing outside asking people about their scars and pain she met Shaun. Shaun was really interested in what was being talked about but couldn't go to the night time event. The next day (Tuesday) before the evening event Shaun was sitting in her dorm thinking, "I really don't want to go." But for some reason she forced herself to go. That evening she ended up coming to faith and saying yes to Jesus for the first time! Shaun said that all year she was feeling lonely and has been having a hard time finding the place she belonged, but Tuesday night she found it! She is already plugged into a Tuesday night bible study. Pray for Shaun as she continues to learn what life looks like as she follows Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment