Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"InterVarsity Has Thrown Everything Off"


I met Silvia* this year during her very first week of school, at Large Group, when she got up in the middle of the speaker talking, left the room, and listened from behind a Peanuts statue in the hallway.  She appeared so uncomfortable that she was actually trying to hide, yet didn't leave.  I wanted to make her feel welcome so I went out to her and checked to see how she was doing, but she wanted to just stay in the hallway behind the statue.  Fast-forward eight months, and during a recent conversation I had with her, she decared, "InterVarsity has thrown everything off....At the first event, everything the speaker said was so relevant to my life, it made me so uncomfortable I had to leave the room and hide behind the statue, but I couldn't stop listening...I'm agnostic and I had my set beliefs about God, but because of everything I've learned this year and the signs in my life, I don't know if I can deny God any longer...I feel like every message is exactly what I need to hear and have been thinking about...I'm this close."  Would you please pray for Silvia to take that step and invite God into her life?

No comments:

Post a Comment