Here is a video clip from the talk. It is about 2 minutes long. (I apologize for how dark it is. Lighting wasn't my job that night)
During small group sharing time, many students acknowledged ways that they had been being hypocrites. Here is what a couple had to say...Kayla (junior) - "I realized that I was being a hypocrite , because I had been not being honest with myself. I was trying to put up a mask by convincing myself that I wasn't struggling with some things, but I really was. Now, I'm starting to deal with those issues."
Spencer (freshman) - "I was pushed to look deeper into myself and see that I am living a life like that of the Pharisees in Matthew 23. My attention was drawn to how much I tend to clean the outside of "the cup and dish" and neglect to clean "the inside". Instead of worrying just about my outward appearance, I need to keep my focus on what glorifies God and keeps my heart pure."
No comments:
Post a Comment