Friday, May 13, 2011

Graduation

The end of the school year is upon us and it is always a mix of sadness and joy. We are graduating what is the largest class of InterVarsity students that SSU has even seen (most of them pictured) and many of them have been influential leaders for the Kingdom on the campus.
I must confess that sometimes I struggle with the fact that I raise financial support for ministry, when there are so many other organizations out there that seem more worthy of support. (i.e. WorldVision, Charity Water) But when I see all of these students graduating, aware of how much they've grown while in college, and how much they are going to change the world, I know that IV's ministry is invaluable. Here is link to a one-minute video testimony of one of the graduating students I mentored, talking about how IV's ministry has impacted his life.
Looking at this class of students that will be graduating, there is...
- 1 going to seminary to be a pastor
- 3 going on IV staff
- 3 possibly going into youth ministry
- 5 going into teaching
- 1 doing a 2yr inner-city mission
- 3 on short term missions
- 4 or more nurses
- several going into the business world
- many still figuring it out

Pray that these men and women would have an exponential impact as they go out into the world as nurses, teachers, ministers, etc.!

No comments:

Post a Comment