"The kingdom of God is at hand; Repent and believe in the gospel," were the first words spoken by Jesus in the Gospel of Mark and they were a main theme for our retreat called Journey. Right after the school year ended, we retreated to the redwoods from 5/30-6/3. I had the priviledge of leading over 40 students (pictured) from Sonoma State, Santa Rosa JC and San Jose State in a study of Mark. We studied it for 7 hours each day! God must be good if college students are willing to study for that long, the week after finals! Many students experienced healing, repentance, and were challenged by Jesus through Mark study. Here is what Laura said, (a woman from the freshmen Bible study I led, who has been mentioned in a previous post)...
Laura - "Coming into Journey, I was putting Jesus in a box and therefore not trusting him as I should have...Through prayer, I felt Jesus' presence around me. It was total and complete happiness, peace and warmth.... Jesus healed my spiritual blindness."
No comments:
Post a Comment